1. Data protection
The operators of these pages take protection of your personal data very seriously. We handle your personal data in confidence and in compliance with applicable statutory data protection regulations and this privacy statement.
It is generally possible to use our website without providing personal data. To the extent that personal data are requested on our pages (name, address, or email addresses) this always takes place on a voluntary basis as far as possible.
We would like to point out that data transfer in the Internet (e.g. in email communication) can involve security risks. It is not possible to protect private data completely against access by third parties.
2. Details of responsible operator
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
Managing Director: Moritz van Dülmen
Project Manager: Annette Meier
Contact data of Project Manager: [email protected]
3. Details of data privacy officer
Dr. Michael Funke JBB Rechtsanwälte
Jaschinski Biere Brexel Partnerschaft mbB
030 443 765 0
4. Data processing on this Internet site
The Long Night of Museums automatically collects and stores on its server log files with information transmitted to it by your browser. This includes:
- browser type and version
- operating system used
- referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- time of server request
These data cannot be traced back to individuals by the Long Night of Museums. We do not combine this data with other data sources. We reserve the right to examine these data subsequently if we have grounds to suspect illegal use. Your IP address will be anonymised immediately once the connection is ended.
We give you the opportunity to subscribe to our email newsletter and we will collect your email address for this purpose. We also analyse our newsletter service by collecting certain user data.
4.a Categories of personal data
Description of the categories of data subjects and categories of personal data (Art. 30 (1) (c) GDPR)
Project workers, business partners: Name, activity, name of institution, email, tel., addresses
Cooperation partners (Berlin museums and their contact persons - data publicly available: Name, activity, name of institution, email, tel., addresses
Press and media representatives, journalists, photographers (via KPB internal press and publicity + press photo download website):
Name, activity, name of institution, email, tel., addresses, medium
Ticket purchasers (online ticket purchase via visitBerlin or in our own shop gomus, which is hosted by GiantMonkey - pay credit cards, PayPal, direct bank transfer: Email, addresses
Visitor questionnaire with competition (Typeform - contacts will be erased afterwards): Name, email
Website users: IP address (Website agency)
We, Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH as operator of the website, take the protection of your personal data very seriously and comply strictly with data protection regulations under applicable laws. Personal data are collected on this website only to the extent necessary for technical reasons.
5. Purposes for which data are processed
Communication with co-operation partners for the purpose of bundling exhibitions and events for the Long Night of Museums, conducting of and invitation to events, communication of visitor information, press and publicity work, arranging press conferences, sending press releases, evaluating visitors surveys and use of online offerings, ticket sales.
6. Legal basis for the processing of data
The legal basis for the processing of your data for sending our newsletter is Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. The legal basis for the analysis of the user data is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in the optimisation of our newsletter offering and adequately addressing media representatives. The legal basis for processing data in connection with the purchase of online tickets is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
7. Duration of storage
We will store your log files for one year.
We will store your data for as long as you have an account with us. Afterwards we will erase your data immediately. You may of course erase your user profile yourself at any time. If you have problems doing this please get in touch with our support.
Should the Long Night of Museums use your data for other purposes, this will only be with your consent. If it is no longer necessary to store your data, for instance if you close your user account, all your personal data will be erased.
We will store your personal data processed for sending you our newsletter until and unless you revoke your consent. The analysed user data will be stored for no more than one year. For the shop, the storage duties for invoice data applicable under tax law of ten years will apply.
8. Right to lodge a complaint and responsible supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the responsible supervisory authority. If you wish to lodge a complaint, please contact the Berlin data privacy and freedom of information officer.
9. Security of your data
The personal data you provide to us will be secured using all technical and organisational security means to ensure that they are not accessible to unauthorised third parties. If you wish to send us data or information that is very sensitive, you should send it by post, since complete data security by email cannot be guaranteed.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically erased when you finish your visit. Other cookies stay stored on your end device until you erase them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser next time you visit us.
You may adjust your browser settings to let you know when cookies are being placed and only to allow cookies on a case-by-case basis, to block the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or generally or to activate deletion of cookies automatically when you close your browser. If you deactivate cookies you may restrict the availability of the functions of this website. Personal data are processed in this connection on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in offering you the best possible user experience.
You may block the storage of cookies in your browser settings. We
would point out, however, that you may then not be able to use all the
functions of this website. You may also block the transfer of the data
generated by the cookie and relating to your use of our website
(including your IP address) to Google and the processing of your data by
Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here:
11. Transfer of user data to third parties (categories of recipients)
To implement and constantly improve the service we offer we work
together with various service providers (processors) who support us in
making this service possible. They include
- technical agencies who undertake the programming of the site
- newsletter tool providers (Mailchimp, Newsletter2go)
- online analysis tools (Google Analytics, Typeform)
We would point out to our users that all data disclosed by you in the Internet can also be seen by third parties and will be available to them to use as they please. Although we have taken technical precautions to block mass export of data by third parties, we would draw the attention of our users to the slight remaining risk. Data provided by users will not be used by the operators for target marketing or similar.
11 a. Reasons for transfer to a third country
Some of our external processors process data in the United States of America. The processors we use are EU-US Privacy Shield certified, however, which means that a reasonable level of data protection is guaranteed.
12. Rights of the data subject
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guarantees you certain rights which you can assert against us, provided that the statutory requirements are met.
● Art. 15 GDPR – Right of access by the data subject: you have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, what data and detailed information on the data processing.
● Art. 16 GDPR – Right to rectification: you have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
● Art. 17 GDPR – Right to erasure: you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay.
● Art. 18 GDPR – Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing.
● Art. 20 GDPR – Right to data portability: you have the right, if data is being processed on the basis of consent or for the fulfilment of a contract, to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us or to have the personal data transmitted directly to the other controller, where technically feasible.
● Art. 21 GDPR – Right to object: you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to our processing of personal data concerning you which is based on a legitimate interest on our part or in performance of a task which is necessary for reasons of public interest or is carried out in exercise of public authority.
If you object, we shall no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing. Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
● Art. 77 GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG –Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) – Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority at any time, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes applicable law.
13. Obligation to provide data
You are under no contractual or legal obligation to provide us with personal data. However, we will not be able to offer you our service without the data provided by you.
14. Existence of automated decision-making (including profiling)
We do not use automated decision-making processes which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
15. Search engine findability
In your privacy settings you can at any time state which of your data should be visible and which not and whether your profile should be displayed at all. The findability of your profile within the website and in the whole of the Internet depends on these settings.
We will update this policy for the protection of your personal data from time to time. You should read this policy once in a while to keep yourself up to date on how we protect your data and are constantly improving the content of our website. If we make any significant changes to the collection, use and/or transfer of the personal data you have provided to us, we will draw your attention to this with an unambiguous and clearly visible notice on our website.
17. Further information
Your trust is important to us. So we would like to answer any questions you may have about to processing of your personal data at any time. If you have any questions that have not been answered by this privacy statement or if you would like more information on any point, you are welcome to contact Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH at any time.
Privacy Statement, Use of Google Analytics
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics, provider address: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA, 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and allow the analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is generally transferred to a server of Google in the United States and stored there.
For more information on the use of Google Analytics, see Google’s privacy statement: support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
We process your data on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in the purpose set out above. You may prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on this link: https://lange-nacht-der-museen.... An opt-out cookie will be placed that will block your data from being collected when you visit our website in future: deactivate Google Analytics.
Conditions of Participation – Survey Long Night of Museums Berlin 2019
1. Any adult can take part in the raffle, with exception of employees of Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH and their relatives.
2. The closing date for the survey and raffle is Friday, September 13, 2019, 12 noon. Notification is given within one week after closing date. The winners will be informed by email. If the winner does not reply within two weeks time, the claim to the prize expires and no new winner will be determined.
3. The winners will be determined by lottery from entries who have completed the questionnaire (on paper or online) and who have left their email address. Multiple participation is excluded.
4. 10 winners will each receive 1 Long Night Bag by LOQI.
5. Winnings cannot be paid out in cash.
6. The prizes will only be sent within Germany.
7. The collection of the requested personal data serves exclusively to carry out the raffle. The data will not be passed on to third parties. The email address will be stored for the purpose and for the duration of the raffle but will be deleted at the end of the campaign.
8. By leaving the email address, the participant accepts the conditions of participation and data protection declaration.
9. Legal recourse is excluded. .
10. The raffle has no connection to Facebook, MailChimp or Typeform and is in no way sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook, MailChimp or Typeform. Responsible is solely the organizer of Long Night of Museums (Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH).